Become A Resident Member
Dues are $25 per year
What is a Civic Club and Why Should You Join?
The word "civic" is a description of something belonging to a city and its citizens. The Rice Military Civic Club (RMCC) serves in this spirit, as an organization that benefits the Rice Military neighborhood. Officers volunteer their time to consider issues, and execute decisions that improve the quality of life of the community. We actively work to promote our residents’ civic and social welfare, and bring awareness of issues impacting the neighborhood; by cultivating and strengthening relationships with our elected officials, community groups, businesses, youth organizations, and law enforcement agencies.
We are a civic club; not a HOA. Membership is optional. Please consider joining your neighbors in supporting the community effort.
Looking for a Reason to Join? Consider a Few of These:
- Being a civic club recognized by The City of Houston gives us additional influence when it comes to working through issues that impact our neighborhood.
- Our civic club emails and Facebook page keep you updated on what’s happening from city-wide issues to our popular monthly social gatherings.
- We arrange for speakers to address local hot button issues at our quarterly meetings.
- We organize events throughout the year including the spring garage sale, the kids Easter egg hunt and the kids Halloween costume event.
- We coordinate one of the largest National Night Out events in the City of Houston.
- We host an annual holiday party benefiting the Depelchin Children's Center.
- You meet people who have the same local concerns and issues as you do. People working together can accomplish more than when we work alone.
- Neighbors knowing neighbors create safer neighborhoods.
- Your dues help support these events and activities.